Monday, January 17, 2011

Depressing state of the States

I recently tried to respond to an email about this debunked "terrorist dry run."

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/flight297.asp

My response:

Also, although it wasn't mentioned on this snopes article, and as soon as I read this, I realized why they were celebrating. In November, there is a rather big Muslim holiday where EVERYTHING shut down. It coincided somewhat with Thanksgiving for us while I was deployed to Afghanistan in 2009, when we all sort of did minimal operations and had some turkey... the Afghans (including the bad guys) were at home with their families for Eid (the war pretty much stopped for two weeks):

Eid-Al-Adha (Feast of the Sacrifice)

November 16, 2010
This Muslim holiday, celebrated during the time of the annual hajj or pilgrimage to Mecca, marks the willingness of Abraham to sacrifice his son Ishmael, as commanded by God. The day is consecrated with an animal sacrifice (they butcher an animal like a goat to eat), of which one-third is shared with the poor while the other two-thirds is enjoyed with family and friends.

This holiday was the day before this flight (Flight Nov 17th, holiday Nov 16th). I think you all can connect the dots to where I'm going with this.... There may be another reason why these guys were traveling together and may have been happy to have just spent the holiday with family and friends, like us with Christmas.... I guess this is why the military sends us to cultural understanding classes...? It's often easier to just jump to conclusions because we're ignorant of the big picture.

God Bless America.

Jimmy's Response:

I do not know you, but as far as I am concerned, they can take the cultural UNDERSTANDING for them and shove it up their asses. They can celebrate their "So-called holiday back in their own home towns. What they did on the plane was bull$hit, and they should have been thrown in jail for terroristic threat for interferance with transportation.


Can I please move out of this country? Why the hell are people so excited to come to a country that houses the likes of these idiots? I know there are a ton of them out there too! UGH. And they call themselves Christians with all this hate!


My response to him:

Haha, ok, well that's one way to deal with it I suppose. Good luck with that.

No comments: