Monday, January 31, 2011

On a personal note...

I guess I'm conflicted. Or maybe not so much.  Moving on feels great.

I'm glad I love my boyfriend most-est.

I just got a reminder why I am with the guy I am.  Granted, he has had his own interesting issues... namely about a year after we got together he mixed up a gift I got him from a girl that used to be in his life.  Why would he do that? Blah, bad memory.  He has a terrible memory. I can forgive him for small things.

Anyway, the reason I write today is to remind myself that I am very thankful.  Thankful that some things didn't work out.

When you're in a situation, in this case I speak of a relationship, your confidence is often killed by somebody else's actions.  Now, a confident individual wouldn't be concerned by this.  But it does take an awfully confident individual to blow off matters of the heart.  When your heart is involved, it always seems like it's a bigger deal.  "I saw myself ending up with him" or "He's always who I imagined myself with" or even "We're soul mates." But then, think.  Think harder.  Would you really be unhappy?  Or would your soul mate and you not be able to communicate effectively so at least you know he cares about you?

I look back on the woman I was four or five years ago and I wonder... I was a very self-centered person. I hung out with my boyfriend in lieu of good friends.  I was so enthralled by some of my exes that I didn't feel confident enough to be away from them when I had the choice to be or not to be.

The time is now.  Tomorrow we could be gone.  I would not pursue a relationship that I'm not happy with in the present anymore, because that's what I want.  I need to live in the now and I'm well on the path to doing this on a normal basis.

___________________________________

I have an idea for a book... It would be called, "Letters to our Exes."  I would want to donate profit to either domestic violence charity or one that benefits women's mental health.  I might send out an email soon to see what my friends think.  I'd want to get a number of letters, maybe around 200 or so and then compile them into a book.  Each woman would write a letter to a particularly thorny ex, hopefully comical, but maybe sad about how their current lives were ruined and then how they got past it.  I know who I'd write about.

Do you?

3 comments:

Sal Go said...

That's a great idea. You could even go the post-secret route or blog that compiles these submissions, and then eventually gets turned into a book...

BEE BEE said...

Thanks for the support girl. I'm still working through that other idea I told you about. Maybe someday... You get share of the profits from the other one of course ;)

BEE BEE said...

BTW, I like the blog idea, you have somebody in mind you want to write about?? Heheh, I can think of one in particular....