Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Feel lil' guity.

I wanted to quickly clear something up for somebody that I might have confused. I feel rather bad about my mix of words in an earlier post. Of course, I never intend to intentionally hurt anybody with my postings on here, but I was out of line.

I have loved before. I think to say that I have never loved before is an unfair understatement. I have loved before. I've just never been in love. I see a difference between the two. For a perfect example, I loved Brad, the man that lied to me about being married and having a pregnant wife back in the states. For those of you that don't know the story, please don't make me rehash it. Here's the recap: Met a guy in Kuwait. Tall, blonde, blue eyed all-American type. Had a good sense of humor, was very charming, Brandi falls for him. Lies first about his age. Then tells me he has a psycho ex that does all sorts of things to him. Lies about his dog, of all things. Tells me his sister got the dog fat when it was really his wife... ok anyway. I was with this guy for nine months before he bothered to tell me that he was married and had a son. Oh, did I mention that his son was born while we were together? Oh yeah, forgot about that. He moved up to Drum to be with me or escape his wife, who I'm pretty sure wasn't as psycho as he says at all... Probably was pissed that her husband had an affair while he was deployed while she was pregnant with their son. Yeah. I would have buried him, not just tried to ruin his career. And you know, its not even like he fessed up about any of this. I had to pry it out of him. I found out that he was not 28 as he said but in fact 32 by looking at his ID because his lies didn't add up. My best friend noticed that a woman named Nancy was calling his cell non-stop while she was staying with me. He wasn't honest with a single thing. And even now, I still don't know who he is. The BLUF, to use an Army cliche, is that Brad not once loved me. He might have been attached to me, but lying to me about pretty much his entire life tells me that he didn't love me at all. And this isn't my opinion, its a fact that the person you love you are honest with... Maybe telling little white lies isn't that big of a deal (does this make me look fat?), but the whole life story is not right at all. Even now it makes me sick to think about.

Good news is that I've reentered the dating pool and am dating a dashing (he he) young officer in my unit, who is a huge charmer. Even my Mom likes him. You know what's even more surprising is that Dixie likes him! I am content now. He has some crazy friends, but I adore them.

Anyway, now that I feel shitty, I guess I'm going to go eat lunch at home. I feel like I haven't gotten a thing done this morning.

3 comments:

BEE BEE said...

This is a post of me venting a little. For the entirety of that relationship thing with Brad, I felt as though I couldn't tell anybody about it... mostly out of embarrassment. Sigh.

Sal Go said...

That dude was whack!! Everyone has issues, but some are more annoying/retarded than others. I'm sorry you had to go through that shit, but at least now, you have a finely honed bullshit-detector.

BEE BEE said...

Yeah, you're right. And I hope my bullshit detector has improved. The sad thing is that a lot of time I did actually think he was full of shit, I just choose to ignore it. Blah.