Wednesday, September 17, 2008

That's the bomb

I was looking for some of my fav soaps for my mom to send me while I was deployed and came across this post/review for some of the products:

3 out of 5:
"I love your bath bombs (hate the militaristic name, though). However, it takes way too long to receive your products! Thanks, alicebdavis@gmail.com" Date: 4/29/2008 Rated by Buyer: alicedavis4

Ok. What the hell is wrong with you? Why would you post something so ridiculous?? Just so we get this out there... Bomb is not always militaristic. In fact, many times bomb is even used is not in a military-like way. Like the bombing of the World Trade center. Or the bombing of the USS Cole. Or the bombing of the subway in Madrid. All of the above were not military in nature at all. Violent, yes. But lets see what else bomb can mean.

How about to bomb a test?

Or these are the definitions presented on dictionary.com:

-An explosive weapon detonated by impact, proximity to an object, a timing mechanism, or other means.
-An atomic or nuclear bomb. Used with the.

-A container capable of withstanding high internal pressure.
-A vessel for storing compressed gas.
-A portable, manually operated container that ejects a spray, foam, or gas under pressure.
-A large amount of money.
-A great success.

In football slang I know it's a forward pass.

Dealing with computers, it's a a spectacular program or system failure... AKA BLUE
SCREEN OF DEATH!


In Jazz it's a sudden, unexpected accent or rhythmic figure played by a drummer during a performance. I really do like jazz too. I should download more on iTunes. I like swing too. That's fun music.

Talking about nuclear power, its a lead or lead-lined container for transporting and storing radioactive materials.

Sometimes I just enjoy making fun of other people. I make fun of myself all the time. If I do that, surely, everybody else is game.

1 comment:

Sal Go said...

btw, I'm going to get you addicted to Battlestar Galactica while you're deployed. Just a warning.